Poncho has a wide history and it is not a latest find. It existed since pre-Hispanic times, only it has changed colour and material. It is used by US army too as a light and packable yet reasonably warm piece of cloth. They often use it as liner for sleeping bag.
Doesn’t it look like perfect piece to keep in bag all the time? If you are kind of trekking person then it is a must and what better you can get than Armier Poncho from Bench Canada. I loved it on the first sight. It is easy breezy and bright coloured super light material poncho which is not cheaply made to be thrown after one usage. It is one size for all build and can be adjusted to slim-fit. It can be reused as a piece of sheet while you are out for picnic or trekking.
Some real description from the Bench Canada – “Bright yellow waterproof poncho perfect for a rainy day. Waterproof hood to always keep you dry and a front kangaroo pocket to keep hands covered. Half zipper to the chest with a chin guard at the neck. Button snaps along the sides for a more tailored fit. Reflective logo on the chest and back, plus a reflective stripe across back pocket. Entire poncho packs up into the hood to take along in case showers are in the forecast. When packed up a lobster clip makes it easily attachable on the go.” #24hourlife
Buy Bench Armier Poncho here.
On the same note, I got a chance to attend the preview for Fall/Winter 2015 Collection of Bench Canada. Collection is designed with the urban explorer in mind so it is versatile with a modern aesthetic. Each piece has its own story and unique style. To checkout entire collection click AW15_Bench_lookbook.
Image Courtesy : Macintyre Communications
Talking about breakfast, I wake up to a bowl of Nature’s Path hot cereals. It’s easy yet deliciously stomach filling heathy option and my whole family loves it. Nature’s Path only uses ingredients as allowed by the National Organic Standards. Sometimes I just wonder why we love this brand so much? I guess, maybe because they are among one of the best Canadian brand who are celebrating 30 years of successfully providing us with some of the finest organic healthy products. No artificial or chemical preservatives such as BHA or BHT have been added to the cereal. They take extra care to store the cereal in a cool dark place in order to preserve freshness. The water used in the cereal is filtered through a fine mesh filter to remove any impurities that might affect the flavour of the product.
Whenever we go to Costco we never forget to grab few boxes of Nature’s Path’s cereal. I have tried many other brands, but I found this one to be the finest. If you open a corn flakes box from this brand, you will get distinct pieces of flakes till the last . That’s the real beauty of these products. They have perfect balance of shape, sweetness and crispness.
I got these products from Nature’s Path as part of their 30th Anniversary and now they are extending this chance to win some of the goodies as shown in below pic to one of my lucky reader. I would rather ask you to try them for free by entering this giveaway. I am pretty sure you will love them too.
Nature’s Path 30th Anniversary Gifts include:
- Limited edition 30th anniversary boxes of cereal and granola.
- 1 year free subscription to the new Organic Life Magazine plus 2 additional free subscriptions for your family and friends.
- 3 Nature’s Path free product vouchers.
Winner eligibility: Contest is open to Canadian and US residents only. US or Canadian shipping address must be provided.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Who doesn’t want a happy and cheerful child playing around and giving you break of the lifetime? Well that is the dream hope of every parent but not everyone is bestowed with it all the time. Kids are moody little creatures, full of tantrums, cries, sudden shot of happiness but extreme joyful. But do you think you can easily make it happen by reading books or choosing the right way of raising them? Then you are highly mistaken as every one is born with a unique personality which can be altered but couldn’t be totally replaced. That being said, I will give you instances from my own real life and how people around me responded to when my little girl freaked out in front of strange faces or in crowd.
My girl is sensitive and cries a lot when introduced to new environment or people. She is fine playing at park with other people around but on a visit to friend’s place she freaks out. She won’t go to anyone except me or my husband. All she will do is to cry till she get exhausted. Thanks to couple of my friends who actually understood our situation and let her be like that or eased her. But then world is not full of good people. Sharing my thoughts on the same.
First of all, if you happen to be a parent of such a child read below pointers immediately.
- IGNORE – Ignore the gaze of people in malls or public places as they mean nothing to you and either they might be correlating with you or judging you which is in no way beneficial to you in your situation.
- CALMNESS – Don’t even think that your crying child can put herself all together when you yourself is losing calmness. They need you to look confident whether it helps in their situation or not.
- DIVERSION – Try to carry things like iPad or her/his favourite book/ toy which can help you divert her/ his attention for a while.
- CHOCOLATE – Giving chocolate is a crime in a dictionary of perfect mom’s world but sadly, I haven’t seen such a mom till date. So carry few and bribe them to make them temporary happy.
- HUG – Hug them tight and make them feel right. They might not stop crying but deep down they feel secured.
- JUDGING – By this time, you must have totally stop judging other moms and their efforts in raising kids. Let them be.
- LESS CROWDED – Introduce your kid to the personal family meet ups where you don’t get lots of people to disturb her peace. This is tried and tested by me. They react better with fewer people. And they learn to socialize too. But if they handle fewer people well that doesn’t mean that they are prepared to handle the large crowd.
- PRO ACTIVENESS – Be proactive and tell new faces to not say ‘hi or hello’ to them at all. Ignore them completely. Believe me they are more happy that way.
Life is already difficult for parents with such kids and then there are friends who either make you feel better or worse. Here are the few reactions which I got when my girl freaked out for her consistent fear of strangers and crowd.
- Reaction I respect : “That’s absolutely fine Shilpi, it happens with little kids. Don’t worry just take care of her.”
- Reaction made me feel low : “Shilpi, your girl cries too much. Doesn’t she get tired of crying?”
- Reaction made me feel happy : ‘Don’t worry Shilpi, she will be fine after she will grow up and start talking. It’s momentary.”
- Reaction made me realize ‘how stupid people can be’ : ” My friend’s kids are so social as their parents take them out more often and they never cry.” (I mean seriously, are you talking about different kids or computerized created prototypes. Sorry that is my reaction to them.)
- Reactions made me lose your respect : “You guys have made her like that by laad-pyaar (extreme love care).” ( Pause ! I am raising twins in the same manner and environment then how can one is destroyed with it and other is quick absorber. This is sh*t !)
And the list can go on like this with no real benefit to anyone. All I request to everyone, is to be little sensitive to new parents and support them rather than making them feel low of their parenting skills. They are going through a tough period which will get better for them soon enough than you realize.
So happy to share with all my readers a great chance to win an exclusive $200 shopping experience to Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga Ontario. I myself had a great fun few weeks back of shopping for $200 gift card provided to me by Dixie Outlet Mall. Here are my few posts related to this campaign.
The Teaser | Shopping Visit to Mall | My Spring Outfit Reveal
Enter to Win $200 Giftcard below
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway is only available to people in Greater Toronto Area or who can visit Dixie Outlet Mall personally.