Time flies. Just few months back I was pregnant and now my little ones are 6 month old. Needless to mention, it was such an emotional and happy period for our family. It was a period of self-realization, pleasure, love, sacrifice, self-strength and lots of patience. I realized that being a mother is a biggest happiness and toughest challenge in this world (so much is expected out of you). Motherhood is a mixture of emotions and it has so many different stages.
Facts to smile about :
- I am not so fond of reading books and those thick novels literally scares me. I can convince myself for magazines or newspaper but a definite ‘No’ for novels. And the awesome part was that I loved reading during pregnancy up till now. Off course, books were all related to babies stuffs but then too they were no less than those thick novels. I hope, that’s what people refer by saying ‘You change when you become mother.’
- Expectation puts a lot of pressure on women to be good in kitchen, marriage, family, work and in social life. Just forget about everyone and just enjoy what makes you at peace. Give yourself a break ladies because ‘you are worth it.’
- Few challenges – Resuming back to Gym. It’s been a long time that I haven’t really hit the gym, occasionally I went but was too tired to exercise for more than 30 min. Hoping, I can be regular with gym before Year 2014 comes.
- Smile more often.
- With twins you can’t imagine to sit idle for a couple of minutes. It gets difficult to even do your basics, if you are handling them alone. So ‘prep-up’ with lots and lots of patience.
- Your confidence level increases with motherhood.
- Now actually you can understand when other parents say ‘ Parenting is a tough job’.
- You will find in your babies ‘Fan of the Lifetime’. All they want to see, eat and enjoy is just ‘YOU’ mamma.
- One thing doesn’t change within you is your aspirations and dreams. They may get prioritized to lowest most but they live within you. Don’t let them die.
- Every other parents say ‘ You will remember these days.’ I still have to realize what they mean.
If you are a mom, it’s given that you will click lots of pictures of babies. So did I and here’s a small glimpse of this journey –
They are nothing but sheer blessing for us and I wish they keep growing healthy and strong forever.
A handful of no regrets but sheer pleasure.
HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY DIA-DIYAAN !!
Dedicated to all wonderful mothers out their who dare to dream big while nurturing the bright future.
Quite often, I receive a familiar smile from strangers when they see me and my husband with double stroller carrying our twin babies. Some smile with the thought of appreciation and others for parenting load. Countless times, I am asked to be proud of myself and my family. People quoted to me –
“You must be having sleepless nights, Eh ?” – a stranger.
“You both are smiling even after twins, you must be proud of yourself !!” – a mother in a family room.
” Do you guys still remember what sleep means?” – a father with a grin in an elevator.
” Wow, that’s super cool..u are having twins boy-girl.. perfect a million dollar family !!” – a cab driver.
” You are doing great, trust me !!” – a fellow twin mom.
“Are you still blogging? Damn, how you find time ?” – a friend.
“So your diaper box just lasts for few nights!!” – a cashier, while shopping for jumbo diaper box from Loblaws.
AND THE APPRECIATION IS COUNTLESS.
I feel so motivated when I hear these words from strangers and friends. Only question which strikes my mind is – Is I am really doing the right way? May be.
I just feel that you get these strengths when you become mother. Nobody else, but only your baby can help you get this. I love my babies and at the same time I love doing many others things too, which includes blogging.
How can I do Time Management ?
Here are few things which I do to manage time, especially with twins –
- Schedule routine task for them and try to do it on same time.
- Talk to your husband and get lot of help from him in household activities.
- Don’t wait for babies to get fussy, feed them little before their feeding time.
- Maintain a chart mentioning their feeding and diaper change process ( double chart for twins, so you don’t miss any of the babies).
- Change their diaper every 2-3 hours and don’t go on the ad strategy for advertising them as extra absorbent. I have noticed, you buy any brand but it gets soiled after 4 hours max.
- Train them to sleep at the same time and follow a daily routine bath (or bubble bath) process with massage.
- Invest in good swings and cradle for keeping them off the hands. My personal favorite is Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing.
- Keep your twins in separate crib so they don’t disturb each other and sleep all through night.
- Attend the one, who is in worse state and crying like hell, don’t feel guilty for not able to attend both together.
- Babies are just awesome, they cry at one moment and smile at the very next second – learn how to forget and move on from them.
- Keep all your baby stocks double and up to date.
- Keep yourself in a good mood by taking care of yourself – this is most important else you will be irritated with yourself only.
- When they make you go crazy, just leave the room and take a deep breath and come back.
- Trust me – nobody is born to be a perfect mother, I think while in journey you discover your motherhood.
- Thank god for making you special and trust you with double babies. Smile !!
- Join some mummy club or twin mummy club at your nearest location.
- Buy double stroller only as two single strollers will kill you if you have twins (personally, I experienced buying both the options and I regret buying 2 single ones).
- Last but not least, keep smiling for the beautiful future ahead.
Readers, how do you approach time with your babies ? Do you have set routines to make life easier? Hope many of you can co-relate to mentioned points. I would love to know your magical trick of motherhood. Wish all of you a lovely motherhood ahead and keep the challenge going.
Have you ever seen a dream ?
Needless to ask, as everyone of us had one or another dream. I really want to confess something, I am a total dreamer and throughout my life I believed on Cinderella’s love story. I dream of a city full of beauty, simplicity and love in it and to everyone’s surprise I am fallen in love with Québec. I was there for 2 nights and look I am still there..sigh !!
Someone has rightly said – Québec does not have opinions, but only sentiments.
Hilly roads, french panorama, fine dining, culture heritage, old buildings, Chateau Frontenac Fairmont, rue Saint-Jean & romance is all, I can find in Québec. It was one of the most stress-free trip for me and now I am totally rejuvenated. Trip started with me & Dips strolling around in Québec city with wonderful bus tour and I ended my trip with Cruise & fireworks. Needless to mention, these beautiful memories are going to be staying in my heart for ever. We had a chance to click some of the beautiful views of Québec but below are few of my favorite ones. Hope you enjoy them.
High waist french cropped jacket – Forever 21
Wide leg pants – Reitman (buy here)
Accessories – Suzyshier
Earring – Courtesy Anjolee
Every girl has a dream of that perfect designed piece of diamond jewellery in their closet. Needless to say, diamonds are girl’s best friend and I am not an exception. I am very particular about buying jewellery from outside. I give lot of weight to authenticity of the brand from whom I am purchasing my rare pieces of jewellery. At times, I wish to customize my jewellery, but in this world of online shopping, you just fail to find this feature of customization. Finally, I found Anjolee where you can customize your jewellery as per your need.
I prefer wearing simple diamond studs for my regular office days. They look simple, elegant and beautiful. Here’s my take on beautiful Timeless Diamond Studs for one fine office day.
Anjolee are one of the best manufacture of jewellery since 1977.
After doing complete research and scrolling through their product list, I chose Timeless Diamond Studs for product review (but in silver and CZs, since diamonds are too costly for review purpose).
Click on image to find more details –
In their site, you can actually see wonderful 3D-view (360 degrees rotation) of the product and customize for metal type, carat weight & diamond quality. I really liked the design of the jewellery they have sent for review and it gives me a great level of comfort in quoting that they are very particular about the quality of their products. So if you are planning to buy Diamond Earrings, check more designs at Anjolee and customize as per your budget and choice. Don’t forget to hear the audio comment available for all pieces of jewellery.
I simply loved styling this beautiful designed diamond studs with my formal outfit.
I was highly impressed by their beautiful packaging in leather box. I really like the design of studs and am sure real diamonds will certainly add lot of beauty to it.
Anniversary rings keeps so much importance for women and it has many dreams attached to it, which last for lifetime. Everyone wants to invest in one of the best designed ring within their budget. When it comes to making most important purchases of life like engagement rings then don’t take chance, but choose the best. They come in various metal-type & I personally like platinum, but due to high cost most of the time I prefer customizing it with white gold which gives similar look at much low budget.
I would really recommend you all to visit their site, and if you like their jewelry, use coupon code: MP591 for an extra 5% off all orders.
Feel free to ask any questions or doubts you have in your mind for the product.
Earring – Coutesy Anjolee
Skirt – Reitman
Shirt – H&M Formal wear
Bracelet – Suzishier
Shade – Rayban
**Please note this earring is provided to me by Anjolee – The art of Jewellery but all reviews are my sole judgement after reviewing the sample product**
Sorry for not coming up with any styling post this weekend as am not feeling very well (Although still weekend is left and if I will feel bit OK, maybe I will do few shoots). But good part is, I found some time to talk other than fashion over here. First of all, I really feel emotional when people appreciate my attempt for styles and compliment me. It is not easy to re-pay by simply saying ‘Thanks’ as each of your words make me feel wonderful.
In virtual world, where we hardly know each other personally but only through fashion, it’s not easy to accept others. That’s why I call my self ‘blessed’ to have such wonderful people around me who are always ready to help & support me. Now that’s what I call ‘Friendship’. I am in deep friendship with you all.
Recently in many post I encountered few people passing negative remarks and judging others. I am fortunate not to receive any one up till now but still I can feel the hurt. No offense plz, but before making such offensive statements I wish they would have tried making such attempt first. I advice all such people to ‘Be-Human’. I feel if you don’t like anything, ****-off but don’t tend to destroy other’s self-esteem (Yes, I am too serious about such in-human attitude).
Lesson to be human –
“I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?”
― Douglas Adams
I don’t consider myself very good writer but this is all what I feel about the issue right from my heart. I am Fashion-lover and for me sometimes all I can afford to speak or write is through my styles and photographs.
Wish you all lovely long weekend and peaceful life . Take care everyone.
Thanks so much for finding time to read my blog.